Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve. . . .


I bet you all are planning to bake your pies and make your jello molds today!!  I can smell lots of pastry cooking going on today - too bad I'll be at work :)

Today recipes has been abruptly changed thanks to Gina.  She was sharing how she makes her Green Bean Casserole, verses the one I make - - which is honestly the "traditional" one everybody makes off the back of the can of Durkee Fried Onions- - -well, I'm always open for change even with traditional things.  So, this is the recipe I'm going to try out for tomorrow's family feast:



Green Bean & Corn Casserole
2 - 15 oz cans French Style Green Beans, drained
2 small cans for Shoepeg Corn (aka white corn), drained
1 8 oz lowfat sour cream
1 can cream of celery soup
1 small onion, minced
1 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 stick melted butter

In 2 qt baking dish place green bean and white corn .  Add in sour cream, soup, onions, celery and cheese.  Add melted butter to the Ritz crushed crackers and place this mix over casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes til brown and bubbly.

I will remove the onions so my extended family will enjoy it and put in onion power instead.

Grateful Thought: Having a several jobs currently; working and interacting with wonderful people on a daily basis that help support my family's move, my hobby and my creativity is a great blessing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have I mentioned I've been sewing???  I mean really sewing, not just for Theresa (see TLC's Quilt Studio blog), but for myself?

I whipped up a quickie apron because we had 2 full bolts of the fabric at the shop.  I plan to make another apron for next month's guild holiday swap.  Unsure of the fabric I'll use, but I LOVE how this turned out....




The pattern is called "Not Just for Christmas"  by Vanilla House designs.  It also includes a Food Gift Bag and Oven Mitt pattern.  It really is easy and 90 minutes - PROOF you have a apron :)  This is the same pattern I use for my Halloweenie apron.

I need to "whip" up another for Turkey Day!

1 comment:

  1. The casserole looks really yummy and the apron is so cute.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete