Monday, July 27, 2009

Life has slowed down....

a little.  I took on too many obligations over the past 2 months and it has drained me and depressed me.  Somewhere along the way I lost control of my life.

Today, I'm taking it back!!  I've made time to clean my sewing area and sew this past weekend.  I even took a commission job.  I feel better than I have in a long time.

I wrapped up the Spring Fling Round Robin Swap and my quiltlet has returned home.  I did the center 8" block, Helen from the UK did the first border, John in NC did the second border, and quilting was done by Carol in VT.  They did a AWSOME JOB!!  I've never been so excited to see a quiltlet come home!!  Thank you to each of you for putting your heart into my little quilt.

DSC08173 DSC08174

I'm soo happy with it!  It just screams Toni :)

I haven't really sewn on my machine in the past 3 months...I keep saying that I think because I'm soo in shock myself!  But I have done more handwork in the past few months then I have in the past 3 years LOL

I took a 3 week class at the shop from Mimi Dietrich on how to applique....let me say I am so ENJOYING the entire process.  I'm almost done with my block we have worked on in class.  Here's what I have so far.....

DSC08181

I need to add the rose buds on top and the center part of the rose and I'll be done!  The floral fabric is my focus (which I found in my stash).

Mimi's techniques really made a lot of sense for me and I am excited to start my other applique project with all my new learned knowledge.  I'm hope to have "My First Baltimore Album Quilt Blcok" finished by this weekend.  I've even committed to a year long program with Mimi at the shop starting in January....it's the only way I'll ever finish a Baltimore Album quilt.

Well, I'm off to SEW for me a little, then cut my commission job out.  And Hershey Quilt show this weekend....still busy, busy, but at least it's in my control.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you have took control! I hope you are feeling much better. Your spring fling looks like you picked out each and every bit of fabric. It is very pretty. A commission! Go Toni! I hope we get to see the finished quilt. Enjoy your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni your applique block is outstanding. You are so lucky to have taken lessons from such an expert appliquer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your block!! I would so love to be doing that course with you - enjoy it. Your quiltlet looks pretty groovy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I have started stepping back from commitments too. Sometimes you want a little bit of time for yourself and family. The hand applique will help to slow you down too, which, btw, looks really good from here. What is the next block going to be?

    ReplyDelete