I did complete another top/quiltlet over the past 3-4 months. I spent a lot of time on this baby and am VERY proud of it! When I took the Art Creations class from Debra Gabel in February this is why I did it. I picked my dear friend Anjea as my last swap partner and I knew exactly what her kitchen's theme was.
First this is the image I use to create the quiltlet:
And this is what I did (images are from Anjea, being I totally forgot to take my own pictures):
The bubbles are iron-on vinyl to mimic the condension of the original image. I added a tiny piece of white fabric under the top parts of the "bubbles" again to mimic the orignal image. The Coca-Cola part is 2 fabrics cut out - I traced out on Steam-A-Seam 2 Lite and pain stakingly cut out, then did a running stitch around the edges of both layers.
It did take me a while to get it finished up, but I love how it turned out and learned more about creating an art quilt. I can't wait to see Anjea's new kitchen next month with this hanging up in it!