Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 4, 5 and 6th....

Well, I figured you were getting tired of my trip and I think I can get all the remaining items in one post....

Sunday we headed to FAIRE - granted I wasn't dress up but it was all good. We visited Scarborough Faire, it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive.  We meet up with Dani & James (close friends of Anjea and her hubby, Jason) who came from Dallas.  We had a great time.  Perfect day for faire, Easter Sunday and rainy - only in the morning, the sun came out by lunch time.  The place was empty!

We got to see the COOLEST thing.  A wonderful performer who plays a carillon - you say what?  Read more on his website Cast In Bronze. It was a beautiful sound and I had never seen one before (or heard of them).  Just incredible!


Anjea and Jame (both fencers) decided to battle it out with was rather humorous to watch:


Us girls had a great time (Anjea, Dani, and me)


Again, lots more photos in the album (link below).

We did see blue bonnets on the way home and also Herbie the love bug:

dsc07665a dsc07666a

Came home after another long day, but was home for good by 7ish.  Had YUMMY stuff pork chops for dinner and Anjea and I decided to sleep in on Monday morning.....and sleep we did.

We got up and had to run to Central Market - what a COOL place.  We need to pick up salmon for dinner, but ended up walking around the entire shop just looking at all the gourmet stuff!  They have cute veggies/fruits outside their doors:


We got home before lunch---our quickest trip the whole weekend--and headed into the sewing room!  Where Anjea proceeded to dig through her stash and combine fabric with patterns and now has about 5 new UFOs :)  I mean while sat and sewed up 2 old UFO's myself...ok, one was all hand work I did on the plane for a pin cushion  I got at my first retreat 2 years ago, then I sewed my second pin cushion (which I also brought stuff for Anjea to make her own --check her blog).  So, yah I sewed and finished projects.   What's weirder that I finished them or brought them along....


I did bring along a new top as well, I had precut it just in case we had sewing time.  I finished 18 out of 36 blocks:


We had wonderful salmon for dinner that night and Anjea went to her Spanish class and I stay home and sewed.  Tuesday was much of the same, we slept in later, sew a little bit and headed to the airport by 2.

I can't thank Anjea and Jason enough for their hospitality and my new dog (the joke being I brought home enough husky dog hair to make my own dog when I got home).   It was a wonderful trip!

Do you want to see what goodies I purchased?  I just realized I have put everything away already (YAH me!), but I can do a few quickie shots for your eyes:

dsc07681 dsc07682 dsc07683 dsc07684

I have tons more pictures of faire and inside quilt shops.  To see more visit my Austin Album.

Now it's back to reality and catching up on my quilts that I've started over the past 2 weeks.  Hoping to get 3 tops ready for the backing stage and longarming stage---ooo and picking up 2 quilts from Penny this weekend too.

I guess I need to go to work as well.... I wonder what I've miss this pass week.


  1. quiltingcindy4/17/2009 3:39 AM

    Let's see, that is the faire in Waxahachie ? Love the patterns you got. I would have a hard time deciding which one to do first. I really enjoyed going through your album.