Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I've been sewing....

and thanks to a snow day yesterday, I got more than I expected. 

I promised Karol-Ann I would finish my Orange Crush....especially being she pieced all the rows together-minus a few missing blocks/corners.  Well, I decided I had to remove one of the rows, because I didn't have the left over fabric I thought I had to make extra pieces I was missing.  It still will finish at a large lap about 67" square.  To say it's bright is an understatement:

dsc07389

Karol-Ann being a generous and beautiful person also sent me some goodies along with my OC.  She made me a spring chicken:

dsc07387

Along with lots of Smarties....it was a wonderful package from the UK! Thank you Karol-Ann.

I also received  LOTS of catalogs and samples from Ms. Cindy for my Scentsy Book/Online Party.  Thank you again Cindy!

So, Friday was an excellent mail day!!  And I'm in the process of putting stuff into the mail myself.  I have finished my center block for the SFRR4 and just need to do my hand binding for the 4SS5 and have it in the mail tomorrow.

My art class is going well, only one more class and we are working on embellishments, so I hope to have this quilted down by Saturday:

dsc07390

Unsure what I'm naming it...maybe rolling citrus.  The bottom of this piece will end up curved, just haven't "squared" my piece until I have the quilting done.

Need to get ready for work.  Going to be a long day.

4 comments:

  1. quiltingcindy3/03/2009 4:31 AM

    Oh my! I love the Orange Crush!! The spring chicken is just too cute and the sunflowers just set it off. Can't wait to see all of the art quilt. Have a great day playing with fabric! ;o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that art piece is going to be something. I love calling it rolling citrus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your orange crush came out so nice.
    I too am working on a Bonnie quilt.
    God they take so long. I wonder how she does them sooooo fast. I am still on step 3.
    Cute chicken. I like it. I purchased some chicken fabric for some potholders for my baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your OC turned out great! I love your colors...that quilt pattern really grows on a person.

    ReplyDelete