Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I did do a little bit of sewing....

about 2 hours worth actually!  I got 4 DJ blocks done, another Bali Pops block done and almost done with another round robin.  I'm paper pieced out right now though :)

You can see my Dj blocks on my dj blog, but here's another Bali Pops block--10 more to go:



Lots of laundry done and trip to Walmart to pick up "things" for this weekend.  Oh and a call from my sister.  I don't think we have talked on the phone, since.....mmmmm...2000?  Before she left for Japan.  She is in California right now and her husband is retiring from the military and they are moving to the area in the next few months.....WOW :)  Unsure what it all means, but it will be nice to know she is closer and maybe we can reconnect again. She was the one who got me started into quilting and interneting.

I'm beat.  Bedtime.

4 comments:

  1. quiltingcindy8/27/2008 5:02 PM

    YAY!! How nice that your sister will be in the area. I hope the two of you have many happy hours of quilting together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that your sister has got back in touch after all this time.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    Isn't it!! It will be fun to reconnect...apparently I have spark a renewed interest in quilting and she pull out her DJ blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful block! I love the colors in this one, too.

    ReplyDelete