Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ironing boards anyone?

Seems this morning reading through my google reader, there are lots of ironing boards--so doing what the cool kids do and visited Libby's blog, I took a picture of mine. I don't think I have ever done that.

Let me share some details. It was my grandmothers. It's cast iron and HEAVY. The top is a metal mesh with a new snazzy iron board cover that is awsome in reflecting the heat, so you can turn down your iron - and won't ever scorch. And I got my new lime iron from Target. It's wonderful! I do want to get a "big" board one day = which might be sooner after reading Paula's ironing board details.

dsc04916.JPGdsc04645.JPG

I also play with my new addiction on my daughter's TINY jeans.....ya know how hard it is to center a hoop on a size 7 girls pant leg? Oh well, she was tickled with the results. I put the heart on the back leg, which confused her LOL:

dsc04915.JPGdsc04914.JPG

I'm off to get ready for work with my new hair do! Should take a new picture of myself!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Toni, we need a photo of that new hair!!! :) I can't imagine doing embroidery on size 7 jeans!!! I think that would be hard to get the hoop in there! They look wonderful! I'm sure she is very proud of them.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cast iron ironing board?!?! Wow -- I've never heard of such a thing. Your cover sounds great. I did invest in a large ironing board that opens over a table -- it has a grid, too. I love it, it's worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've taken pictures of my ironing board...granted, it had quilt blocks on it at the time but you know. :D

    Now get a picture of that hair do up and running, ya hear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see the hair also! :D Are you embroidering on the jeans by hand? Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete