Friday, October 12, 2007

Houston Anyone???

Yes, ME ME ME ME!!

I got my tickets in the mail yesterday, I got the 4 day pass! I'm really starting to get excited. I haven't done a me trip since April (that is very unusual for me). I'm not looking forward to the 5 days without my normal sleeping buddy (aka hubby), but I'm very excited to take part in this international event - along with millions of others :)

I have my flights and sleeping arrangements set, just need to figure out a budget and pack! I'm soo excited. I get to meet new people, see gorgeous quilts and spend some money.

Who else is all going? I've got a mini-meet & greet set up for Saturday evening at the Starbucks on the second level of the conference center at 6:00pm maybe afterwards going out to dinner as group....for fellow online friends. Let me know if you are going and would like to meet up!

6 comments:

  1. Lynn / vigilant2010/12/2007 4:52 AM

    I've always wished I was into a hobby or interest enough to do something like that. I'm so jealous of how happy and excited people get about events! Hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky skunk. Houston is something I want to do when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Calico Cat10/12/2007 5:29 AM

    I am going on Wednesday & Thursday. We have to fly home on Friday. :o(

    Maybe dinner before the show opens on Wednesday night?

    My husband ordered our tickets yesterday. we have had our plane reservations for months & we are staying at Chez Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have not decided if I am going. I will drive down though. It's not that far from NE. I best check on rooms if I seriously want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved going last year. I only got to go on preview nite (gotta love when you plan a trip and find out that the IQS just happens to be in the same city ;), but it was so awesome. I wish I could go this year....

    Have fun and can't wait to see all the GREAT booty you bring back!

    -VA

    ReplyDelete