Sunday, August 12, 2007

So, what exactly have I’ve been doing the past 3 days?

LOTS! I have learned that 7 x 9 does not equal 54. . . .I have learned I will never participate in a row by row swap again. . .and I have found a perfect way to keep cool by my sewing machine.

So, wanna see, wanna see???

Here's my newest and bestest and favorest sewing notion (and it's purple too):


Next, 4 --almost 5, rows I've completed for this row by row swap I'm doing. I need to finish the last picture of kitties and make up a flower row in batiks. I think what stresses me out about this swap is doing something so specific for someone and not knowing how your finished row will be judged or liked. I'm really nervous....but here's what I've got done.

1. Aprons on white on white background. I made the apron by tracing 3/4's of a cd and appliquéd it on. This is when I realized I couldn't do 7 blocks at 9"....our rows need to be 54.5" long (another stressful concern of mine - everyone's 1/4" is different).


2. Anything that reminds you of winter. So, this is what I came up with:


3. Snowmen theme using light/med backgrounds and blues, reds and whites.


4. Any block with the word "puzzle" in it, with a black on black background. This is an Indiana Puzzle block.


5. Kitties was this request-any color. I've got 3 more to do to add to this row. It's a bad picture.


Row 6 will be finished by tomorrow and these in the mail by Tuesday. It took me soo long to actually figure out something for everyone. Again, it was nerves.

Oh yah...and I also did get my Stars Around the Garden blocks...need to take pictures of those and put in another post with all 6 blocks so far.

Whew.....I'm beat! :D

5 comments:

  1. Kathy Wagner8/12/2007 4:46 PM

    These are wonderful rows! Very creative and well done...I'm sure the recipients will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jovaliquilts8/13/2007 3:13 AM

    You did all this in the past 3 days? Wow! Very cute, but I gotta say I love the snowflake one. Really nice! I've never done a row swap -- looks like fun!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your site. I'll have to run and get me a fan like yours. It's perfect when a big one is too big and a small one is still too big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilting Pirate8/15/2007 3:58 AM

    re: esteemarlu said:

    Thank you! I love my small fan, it doesn't blow to hard so papers and fabric fly away but keeps me cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you that doing a row quilt would be very stressful. I always worry that other people will be very critical of my choice of fabric, design etc. You have done some very nice rows though. And fortunately fabric stretches nicely so if you are out by 1/4 inch it's no big deal (at least it wouldn't be for me)

    ReplyDelete