Thursday, June 14, 2007

Blogging etiquette . . . .

I love commenting on blogs. I have really enjoying using Bloglines to keep on top of new posts from many wonderful blogs.

As I was reading and commenting yesterday, I noticed sometimes the owners of blogs return comments on their own blogs.

I never noticed that some blog owners did that until yesterday and I might have personally missed several replies to my comments. So, I need to learn a new system to go back and recheck blogs that I comment in - but I tend to post a lot, so this will be a challenge.

Another pondering thing I have notice is what people put on their blogs. I love wading through links on other blogs, discovering new blogs to read.

I plan to update my blog roll call today with all the blogs I'm currently reading, it's a long list - but I enjoy all of them!

OOooooo ahhhhhhhh---just discovered I'm linked at A Peach In Stitches!! Thank you! :D

5 comments:

  1. The Calico Cat6/14/2007 3:48 AM

    ZDO you know how to change the template so that your e-mail shows up when you comment?

    That will alos keep people like me from returning here to reply to a comment... (a lot of people wouldn't bother...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually leave comments on my blog to others but you can have the comments sent to your email and then you can answer them from there.......I'm still new and learning about the blog thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilting Pirate6/14/2007 4:40 AM

    Annie, I do get my comments emailed to me, so I can reply in my comments section.

    I guess I meant when other blog owner replies to a comment I left in their blog - I have to go back and check whereever I left that comment to see if they replied... :D

    TCC, I don't know how to add my email to show up by my comments, but I'm sure I can figure it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I got the plugin for wordpress to do both, I experamented with ways to do it. I sent via email and I sent via post. I generally don't go back and check the post so I think most answer via email when they can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been blogging a long time (just started the quilt blog though) and I still can't remember to go back and check comments sections. Sometimes those are the best part of a post, but I always miss out.

    ReplyDelete