Saturday, April 14, 2012

What have I been doing?

A lot of knitting and spring cleaning and trying to be more diligant on my bible studies. . . man, it's such a balancing act.

I have done, been doing commission works as well, including this quickie embroidery add on to this center piece.  This is by Karen Davison, a true newbie to quilting and she is making this for her grand-daughter.  I'm so impressed by her willingness to jump right into those challenging techniques of quilting.  She is taking my beginner classes now, but she has learned a lot by just stopping into the shop asking a few questions at  a time.  And all I did was add the name and date :)  This is about 36" x 42".
And one of our largest local guilds had their annual quilt show a few weeks ago.  I didn't take a lot of pictures (camera was dying), but here's a few to enjoy.  The Smokey Mountain Guild, based in Knoxville, TN has over 200 members and host a show every year.



Created with flickr slideshow.

3 comments:

  1. I gotta ask - these are all gorgeous, almost all of what is shown are "art" quilts. Where there traditional ones as well, just no in the selection you posted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear that you're doing well! Your student has made a beautiful quilt! And your embroidery adds a lovely personal touch.

    Happy eye candy! My guild is having its show this weekend. I have three quilts hanging! I'm really hoping I get a chance to go today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed watching your slideshow! Must have been an amazing show!

    ReplyDelete