Well, I'm a successful failure?! :) So, here's what I learned to correct for next month's FNSI:
- No tv on - or at least something I've seen a billion times, probably just music would be best.
- NO KIDS. Even the 17 year old was a serious distraction, wanted "mom" time.
- One project!! Have it cut and ready just to piece away.
- I'm a wuss and totally tuckered out by 10:30. So, next month maybe take a longer nap after work, getting up on Fridays at 5am, working til 2, home by 3 and sewing all night really took a beating on me.
- Hour 1 - Make Tonga Batik BOM block
- Hour 2 - Make 12 Days of Christmas Block
- Hour 3 - Take a break from sewing and cut out Love Bug project
- Hour 4 until I was done - Work on Ocean Tranquility Project
I spent 3 hours on one block, after ripping out several times, again I think mainly to distractions, but finally finished it:
This is basically a simple block but lots of tedious piecing techniques. Good thing I had it all cut out before hand!
I was sooo frustrated with putting this block together, mainly because I kept ripping out the same corner section and row, that I stopped at 10:30 and went to my bedroom to read and fell asleep.
Then this morning I got up and literally whipped up this block in an hour (as I had planned originally):
Next month's FNSI will definitely go a different way!