Tuesday, July 10, 2007

OOooo….

my title works here--and I wasn't expecting that and so my title is a wee bit non-creative! Didn't in my other blog, just 2 minutes ago....shhhhh...don't want to jinx it!

Well, yesterday was wonderfully crazy!! Our shop is having a 25% of ALL fabric in the store (min of 1 yard cuts) and folks were taking advantage of it!! If you are in the MD area, it's worth the drive out to meet me and see the shop!!

And bonus for me, I got to meet a wonderful online friend (whom I met in livejournal.com land)! Carrie and her adorable son came to get in on the fabric sale (I'm a bad influence) and she was very impressed and promises to visit more often! WOO HOO! :D

I took a few quickie pictures of the baby while he assisted me in fabric selection:


Isn't he a cutie! Carrie came in with 2 missions and left with 3 :D All complete projects though! It was such a pleasure to meet her.

I also finished the shop's newsletter and will be updating more of the website today at work. I have a lot of ideas for the website, just finding the time to get them in, is always the hard part!

I'm still working on the clearing out my sewing area. Was disappointed that Walmart didn't have a book shelf unit I wanted and don't feel like trucking to IKEA - so I need to rethink and be creative. I haven't started too deeply into the project being I'm working, but tomorrow and Thursday I plan to be very focused on this process.

I'm going to spend an hour time now before work and finish the binding on my Doll Quilt Swap - want that in the mail by end of week!

4 comments:

  1. I would be in so much trouble if I worked in a quilt shop! My paycheck would go right back to them! It would be wonderful to get a discount on fabric though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you working on Friday?? I just got the online notification of the sale and am heading to PA on Friday to meet some quilting friends and thought I might pop into the shop on my way home. What are the shop's hours on Friday?? And when will you be there if you are working??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn / vigilant207/11/2007 6:17 AM

    Cute picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I lived close enough to visit your sale :-)

    ReplyDelete