Friday, June 08, 2007

last post for today. . .

I did some sewing today - - WOOT!! Besides my earlier BOM, I did some blocks of my newest BOM.

I'm hostessing a BOM at my LQS, starting tomorrow (nothing like waiting to the last minute). I only need to be one month ahead in the program, but I plan to finish the top within the next few weeks to give participants a better idea of what to expect in their BOM project.

This BOM is called Stars Around the Garden by Bits & Pieces.

I cut for 2 months and finished 3 blocks - the program is 2 blocks/month. Here's what I'll show off tomorrow.





I'm using the fabric line called Spice Market for the basis of the coloring and in the border. I'm not happy with these colors at all. It's very hard for me to do this, but it is for work and we wanted it to represent the pattern's style. If I could do it all in brights I would :D

6 comments:

  1. Quilting Kim6/09/2007 2:33 PM

    I just love the colors and the pattern. I know it can be hard to work on something when they are not 'your' colors, I kinda feel the same way with brights and jewel tones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Zombie6/09/2007 4:35 PM

    Love your BOM blocks! I feel the same way about working on colors and fabs that are not "mine". LIke shop quilts (though it does make it easy to not get attached to them).

    Thanks for visiting my blog - fun to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the middle block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These soft muted colors are my total favorites. Pretty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Calico Cat6/11/2007 4:32 AM

    I made it to Patches... Love the dog. I got some of most of the taupes... (Now to actually use them... I am apparently hoarding taupes.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Calico Cat6/12/2007 2:49 AM

    Yes, it was Friday - & I may make it 2 in a row...

    Are the Taupes sold as fat quarters?

    ReplyDelete